Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week two of Mod 6

Hey, 

This week has been nudging at me as a mother, wife, student, but more importantly as a Christian. I feel the NEED 
to start up a Youth Center. The issues I am having are finding all the resources, support, and time. I have a notebook. 
A NOTEBOOK 70 page notebook full of information I gathered the last three months of my pregnancy with Jake. 

This week I'm going to be dusting it off after nearly nine months and going to use it in my Assignment. What is my 
Assignment? I have to make a spreadsheet on Excel of my "Dream" budget for starting up my future business. 
I have already made a budget, spreadsheet, business plan, etc for a studio. I feel that I would be cheating to use that. 
I do feel that if I write more on my Dream Youth Center - the closer I will be to accomplishing it. 

Just when I thought I could get some sleep and work on my ideas tomorrow or so, I see an article posted by a friend 
on Facebook. 

My input:     "Teenagers always seem to be bored, don’t they?"

I'm not sure why, but reading this article kills a part of me. 

I was bullied as a kid. 
Eight years of my 13 years... I repeated fifth grade, because my grades began reflecting how 
bullying started effecting me. I also started puberty, getting asked inappropriate questions on the school bus, staying home alone, and staying alone all in that year. After eight years of getting bullied I stopped caring. I became suicidal. 

I went into a dark whole. It wasn't until 2010 when I truly got Saved by Christ. It was a process and really opened my whole outlook on life. I mean - I married a cowboy! 

I was never great at large groups of people. I still have trouble keeping calm and collected. I have anxiety over my 
homemade frosting that I tried making just "Pinterest" perfect. 


Back to the Youth Center and Article: I want to make a change. Even if it is in a small area. I want to give kids HOPE 
without throwing a bible at their head. Though I will admit - I may have needed that at one point. Another thing I 
would love to do is start an art program to help build their portfolios for college and jobs. Have I mentioned that 
this will be Non-Profit? 

For now I must sleep. 


   



No comments:

Post a Comment