Thursday, December 26, 2013

Fresh Start for 2014

Hey Y'all, Lets get Personal.

2013 was quite the adventure for our household. 

It started end of 2012, when we were at revival. My husband and I had a vision of a Youth Center.
So for the last two months of my pregnancy, I made a notebook with start of the plans for the Dream Youth Center. Right after my son, Jake was my born, my husband and I talked about moving to Arkansas to be near my side of the family. Next thing we know, husband went almost two and half months without full time job. We decided to stay here, husband got a job in one week. It was such a blessing! Things looked up almost immediately, I even started going back to school! June: we talked about moving or not worrying about doing a Youth Center because we needed to be able to be self-sufficient before we could help anyone else. June: I almost had an ectopic pregnancy. Okay, we will stay put, it's better to be near family. Things started looking up, trip to Arkansas gave us ideas of what we would look forward to if we did move to Arkansas with all the jobs available. Thomas did not get hired and we became anxious about money again. It's better to stay in Kentucky - looking up! Then October, we found jobs in Alaska. I could become a teacher and they would even pay for my college and there would even be Youth Centers up there we could get involved in. You guessed it. Pew... Now we are really seeing and understanding what God is trying to tell us. Our place is here! Adair County, Kentucky. The vision: Youth Center! It will be a great change - Wonderful change. We have strayed off our path from God. We are not perfect, but we are wanting to change that and to be a better family and better Christians. The real thing that put me back on my path with God is a vision/dream I had that featured my Aunt Vickie. We were in her kitchen, she was telling me the same thing before I went off to college. "God has a calling and plans for everyone, if you don't follow what God has called you to do or planned for you, you may never get the second chance." 
For me, the Youth Center is my calling, not only mine, our calling. I won't be able to do it by myself, nor in the next year. It will take time, but that time will be needed getting closer to God. <3 br="">

The changes for my personal goal in 2014 is to focus MORE on being a family, getting involved with the community, and get back into painting my silly ideas without fear of offending anyone.

On the BLOG: You will see all of these new changes. Now - before any questions are asked about why is Dannie doing house/room collages?
2014 we are WANTING to make some drastic changes to this old house that we are currently renting. This week our wall paper in the kitchen is going to be ripped down. It's been falling down for a while... but, it has become an eyesore to the extreme. I'm going to miss it, because of it's "great grandma's house" feel. We are going to try to put in a staircase and create a Master upstairs so that we can  have a three bedroom house. Ember would have her own room! 

Playing the "If" game can be/is dangerous. At the same time, we are wanting to think about the future. The future we could possibly have. No, I don't expect or want to have a 8 bedroom mansion and throw half a million dollar parties for fame. That would never happen. However, I want to have a better home to raise our children. 

 If we could, we would buy this house right now, my husband and I have made a list of things that we would do. First of all, we would blow out one side of the house and add 20 feet to one side of the house. This would create bigger living room, kitchen, and laundry room. Our staircase would be in the extended edition instead of between living room and kitchen.
Redo:
1. Wiring through the whole house. (Pretty sure it is still knob and tube wiring.)
2. Bathroom to find a way to add heating to the flooring in the bathroom. 
(The floor will give your hair frost bite if not wearing house shoes.)
3. Kitchen!!!! (Can I start with the cabinets?) 
4. Update fuse box (I honestly have no idea what to do when half the house stops working.)
5. Put in a stand alone wood heating unit (Baby, It's cold outside!) 
6. Add two fireplaces. (If walls could talk!)
7. New hot water heater. (Preferably replaced with on-demand system.)
8. Pull out the flu (It's another eye sore in the kitchen, yet perfect holding spot for my canvas'.)
9. Storm Shelter (Put under the twenty foot addition.)

Thank you for your support. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment